Monday, April 12, 2010

Rep. Hank Johnson's Guam

This is the sort of verbal connect-the-dots-gone-wrong that Donald Rumsfeld would be proud of. His quote below:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

But on to the business at hand. Rep. Hank Johnson of Georgia. I am amazed that during his lengthy estimate of the dimensions of Guam that no one shrieked, "AND YOUR POINT?!?!?!?!?" That would be have been me. If I was there. But sadly I was not.

So Johnson claims that he was being "metaphorical." Does that mean sarcastic? Because if so, I suggest you take some lessons in sarcasm, because THAT my friend, was NOT sarcasm. That just sounded insane. Next time you want to make a point, just make a point. Don't try to amble about the proverbial bush asking strange questions. Doesn't work.


No comments:

Post a Comment